Agribusiness Regional Development Association (ARDA) is a not-for-profit association of regional agricultural businesses working to build strong and sustainable regional communities.
ARDA provides pathways for its members to develop international trade opportunities, leverage the digital economy and access new finance and investment streams.
ARDA was formed in 2016 by a group of businesspeople who wanted to stop the exodus of expertise, youth, workers and capital from regional communities to capital cities and help Australia’s regional areas become competitive and sustainable.
It is the umbrella organisation for the Capital Region Export Hub and the Capital Region Export Alliance.
Now, more than ever, regional SMEs need professional support, information and guidance to help them recover from the devastating impact of bushfires, drought and COVID-19. ARDA draws together diverse expertise to promote regional employment, education and growth. We focus on:
- Helping regions respond to rising local and international demand for high-value products
- Attracting private and public investment in new product and technology R&D
- Enhancing Australia’s reputation for ‘safe, clean and green’ food and sustaining its comparative advantage
- Promoting the efficient management of rural resources
- Attracting capital and skilled labour to regional communities
- Increasing the use of advanced technologies, knowledge and communications systems and integrated workflows across the value chain
- Encouraging community debate around agribusiness-related concerns
ARDA’s holistic support, education and advocacy program provides members with exclusive access to critical market intelligence, detailed research and analysis, guides and case studies, training workshops and networking opportunities.
We offer comprehensive services for your members and organisations throughout our community. See our Services for more information.
ARDA are collaborating with several agencies and industry bodies on various Projects, all working to build strong and sustainable regional businesses and communities.
Our Projects are building industry knowledge resources for businesses and boosting export capabilities.
Read more about Our Projects to see where our work fits in with building your business.